It doesn’t need to be difficult or expensive to commission a pet portrait. Here are a few tips for you to think about to make the process easy and enjoyable for you:
- How many of your favourite pets would you like to include?
- Do you want a realistic painting, or something more abstract/colourful/modern?
- Have a look at pet portrait artists’ work to find one or two whose painting style appeals to you
- What size would you like? Think about where your painting will hang
- What is your budget?
- Do you want a framed pet portrait, or a box canvas?
- Can you provide good quality photos?
- Do you want to be involved in the process? Some artists provide progress reports
- Do you want to collect your painting or will it be delivered?
- When would you like your painting?
If you decide that you like my painting style, and my prices fit your budget, do get in touch so that we can discuss details. Feel free to email me some photos of your pet for advice before you book your pet portrait. Most people want paintings of their dogs or cats, but I also welcome more unusual pets.
Payment and Timescales
Please note that as pet portraits are customised for you, they are non-refundable, which reflects the amount of work that goes into them. If you would like to pay a 50% non-refundable deposit, and the balance on completion, I am happy to arrange this with you.
I usually need 4 – 6 weeks to complete your pet portrait for you, and you can request either framed or unframed paintings. I will email you progress reports with photos so that you can watch the work in progress and make any comments. On completion of the painting, you will be asked to approve it and pay any balance due (in instalments if this helps) before the painting is sent/collected.