Use of Your Personal Details
I will only use your contact information and shipping and billing address for the following reasons:
- For contractual reasons , to communicate with you about your purchase and to complete your order, or to give you details of a quote;
- For legal reasons (e.g. paying taxes);
- Where you have given your consent by signing up to my mailing list to receive occasional newsletters by email via Mailchimp with details of new art work, wildlife conservation and animal stories, plus occasional special offers for my followers.
All information is securely stored in password protected accounts that are only accessed by Caroline Skinner Art.
Your contact details will not be shared with anyone else and you can unsubscribe from my mailing list at any time.
What happens to your payment details:
- For direct payments via online banking, your personal payment details are handled by the banking system and Caroline Skinner Art does not have records of your personal bank details.
- Where payments are made by debit or credit card (in person), Caroline Skinner Art uses an iZettle card reader and does not retain your personal payment details.
- Woocommerce services are used for the online shop on this website. Where payments are made by debit or credit card (online) via Paypal, Stripe or other payment processing services added to this website, your personal banking details will not be passed to Caroline Skinner Art by this third party.
- Where purchases are made on Caroline Skinner Art’s other online shops (e.g. Redbubble, Etsy), payments are processed through their third party payment processing services, and your personal banking details are not passed to Caroline Skinner Art.
Retention of Personal Information
If you are on my mailing list and wish to unsubscribe, your name and email address will be deleted from my records.
For contracts to purchase artwork, your details will be retained for 7 years as required by HMRC to allow for income tax/audits.
Cookies are used to collect anonymous information about website visitors through Google Analytics. This is common internet marketing practice, and I hold no personal details for anyone. If you would like to prevent Google Analytics from using your anonymised data, across the internet, you can opt out by using this Browser Add-On.
Requests for Details of Information Held
Under GDPR you have the right to request details of information held about you. The above information should give you a clear idea of the limited information I hold, which is securely stored and not shared with anyone.
From 25.05.18 you have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk under the General Date Protection Regulation (GDPR) about the handling of personal information. Please contact me first if you have any concerns.